Learning Kids Photography: Take Two

Nearly a month into the job and I am now the main photographer on Set 8. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown. It seems only yesterday when I could barely hold the camera, and now I'm responsible for every shoot. I feel so much more confident in my abilities and have received some great feedback. Looking over photographs even from the beginning of the promo, I can see the improvement myself.

After two weeks with the girls down by the coast in Warrnambool, I have since moved to Traralgon. This is a smallish country town and is very quiet compared to the last promo. To stay amused we have actually purchased a little speaker. Whenever it's a little empty, which is quite often, we treat ourselves to a little boogie.

Being a team of two is a different experience to the three-strong team I was used to. We work together so well and are able to bounce off each other during the day. We have become known in the centre for our smiles and crazy dances. Galina is also a fantastic "tickler" and can nearly always get a smile from any child. I'm really enjoying taking things slowly with customers and making sure they have a great experience with us and the kids have fun.

My only issue has been the pressure of hitting targets. It wasn't such a big deal in the last promo, as it was a lot busier and I had the excuse of being new and in training. Now, we're in a quieter centre but still have to be hitting similar targets. It is difficult and I'm glad I'm not a Team Leader. They do seem to expect a lot of us.

There are lots of changes in the company coming in the next few months. I'm not sure I'll be around to see all of them in practice, but I'm definitely looking forward to having new sets/clothes to work with. It will be fun to play with different colour pallets and props, especially as I'm no longer as worried about my framing or remembering the different poses. I just hope that I am sent back up to Queensland soon and have some sunshine again and get my tan back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop 1: Bangkok

Loka: Stop 7: Magnetic Island

GKR World Cup 8

A Week in Exmouth