Goodbye Sydney

Today I say "see you later" to Sydney as I make my way on to Melbourne, with a whistle-stop-tour of Canberra on the way. I'm excited to be moving on and can't wait for more adventures further down the coast.

I had been so busy working before the end of the year that I decided to take a week to myself to complete all I wanted to see and do in Sydney. This took my stay in the immense city to over a month! I've never stayed in one city that long, obviously other than home, and think I really got the feel of the place.

Since arriving here I have ticked off so many attractions and activities. Just since that first week back in December I'd managed to fit in:
• Coogee to Bondi Coastal Walk
• BBQ and Bonfire at Tamarama
• Moved to Bondi
• Clubbing at Beach Road
• Bondi Markets 
• Darling Harbour Fireworks
• Manly Beach
• Shelly Beach
• North Head Sanctuary
• Fish and Chips at Bondi
• Observatory Hill
• Walking to North Sydney
• Lavender Bay
• Wendy's Secret Garden
• Walk to Rose Bay
• Shark Beach
• Sydney Harbour National Park
• Prince Albert Park at Sunset
• National Maritime Museum
• Central Park
• University of Sydney Campus
• Mrs Maquarie's Point at Sunrise
• Taronga Zoo
• Sirius Cove Reserve
• Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
(awesome film, seriously... go see it)
• Rose Garden at Royal Botanical Gardens
• Bridge Climb
• Olympic Park
• Parramatta River
• Sydney Festival
(Only caught Day One, an event in Hyde Park)

Blimey.

Seeing it all written down makes me realise just how much I have achieved! I may have even travelled around the city more than the average Sydney Sider. I have loved living in Sydney, both at Bondi and in the city. You can have too much of a good thing though and I think any longer here and I'd be bored.

Now obviously, the main reason I had started my travels in Sydney, and stayed as long as I did, was for New Year's Eve! Sydney are famous for one of the best firework spectaculars in the world. Let me tell you, it did not disappoint! We got a spot at Dawe's Point and watched in awe as the Bridge, the Opera House and surrounding Harbour were lit with the most colourful, varied and exciting pyrotechnics. Awesome. 2017 is going to be beyond incredible if this first week I'd anything to go by.

If you wanted to check out a small selection of photos from all the above places.. check out my Instagram.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop 1: Bangkok

Loka: Stop 7: Magnetic Island

GKR World Cup 8

A Week in Exmouth