Day 8

I was up nice and early again for work this morning, breakfast was sloppy omelette so I stuck to my cereal and jam roll. I was slightly early for the morning meeting and it was weird to see that people were already queuing for the shop. A busy day ahead me thinks.
 
At the morning meeting, one of the main guys treated us to a samurai demonstration. It was quite something! We then did some stretching and jumping around, it was great to get the body moving. The plan is for every country to bring something to do every morning, should be interesting.
 
From the moment we opened til 12.30, I spent my time managing queues. Basically I spent all morning shouting "CASH", I'm still amazed at how many people have been paying by card. It was actually quite fun, although my feet did start to hurt after a while.
 
As we have a split shift today, I had a good 5 hours to play with. I walked over to the beach, hoping to get on as the tide was out and I fancied a stroll. I wasn't allowed because they were using the beach for activities, instead I walked along the sea wall. It was very peaceful as no one else was around, the breeze from the sea was a bonus too!!
 
I had a nice kip behind the dome after eating my lunch. It was quite funny to see lots of IST making the most of their time off and collapsing in piles in the shade. I woke up about 4.30 so made my way over to the canteen. I met Eve and another guy from the shop in the queue so sat with them. Today was the day we finally saw vegetables... a few potatoes and carrots and one mange tout in a stew. I personally think it's a tad warm for stew and rice, but it was nice nevertheless.
 
Back to work for 6pm, I went back to shouting "CASH" "CASH"... I honestly think that'll be my nickname by the end! Had a slight panic when I finished as I couldn't find my locker key. In the end, after rifling through several aprons, I found it alongside my pliers. Phew!
 
Eve, Isaac and I went for a wander over to the food houses. It wasn't as busy as it had been, and the "Brazilian Party" we were promised was nowhere in sight. We settled for an ice cream and a chat.
I've got the day off tomorrow so am thinking about going to Yamaguchi in the morning then maybe back to the beach in the afternoon. It all depends on just how hot it gets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop 1: Bangkok

Loka: Stop 7: Magnetic Island

GKR World Cup 8

A Week in Exmouth