Day 10

Had a bit of a lazy morning today as didn't have  work until 12.30. Breakfast was the best so far - a BLT!!! It was beautiful and went down well with a cuppa.
 
I had a shower and popped my shortest shorts and a vest on. Ready for a tanning sesh, I was the first person on the beach at 9am. It was already 32°C and I was sweating suncream! I caught up on my blogs (oops) and whacked out the mp3 player and napped.
 
There were some very strange beetle type cockroach things that kept appearing. One came a little close to my head for my liking and I moved pretty sharpish, much to the amusement of a few onlookers. Went for a little wander instead to sleep under the dome.
 
I ate my lunch about 11.30ish then went to find my favourite shaved ice man. I confused him slightly by asking for just ice, no syrup.. it took him a while but we got there! Who'd have thought ice would be so readily available, and for only ¥300.
 
I fancied a change at the shop today so I did baskets. Good god was I sweating like crazy, carrying piles of baskets throughout the shop trying not to knock anyone out. I'll be hench by the end of the week if this keeps up!
 
About half way through the shift, Frasier returned to be Basket Boy. I learnt how to use the till, even though it's all in Japanese, it's actually not too hard. Not wanting to stay on a till, I spent some time dressing the shop. I feel sorry for those that come through now as we've sold out of so much!
 
We actually finished on time today and I hung with Eve and Isaac for a bit before popping to dinner. It was sautéed pork again, and I filled a bowl of fruit salad too. I really miss proper fruit and vegetables, they don't offer enough of them here!
 
I met the others outside the scout shop and we went for a bit of a wander around. Somewhere along the line they'd managed to pick up a new friend. He was very nice, or at least that's what the voices inside his head told him...
 
As we walked towards the World Food Zone Hannah noticed the bright red full moon. It was quite a sight! We climbed up the hill to a vantage point to get some photos. We managed to lose the new guy, but unfortunately Nathan and Hannah too. Gemma then went to get water and our numbers were dwindling.
 
There wasn't an awful lot else we could do but head back to the canteen for WiFi and an ice cream. I thought I'd treat myself and had a triple chocolate special, it was lush. We were also all reunited.
We all had a great laugh in our 'Circle of Truth'. It was nice to just sit and talk for a while. It was beginning to get late so me and Emily left to get some kip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop 1: Bangkok

Loka: Stop 7: Magnetic Island

GKR World Cup 8

A Week in Exmouth