Day 11

I really really didn't want to wake up this morning, it seemed like too much effort and I was all up for just staying in bed. My eyes felt so tired, I'm not sure if they have sand in or I'm just exhausted?
 
Daryl came to find me at breakfast, we both have a day off tomorrow but he wants to go to Hiroshima. I'd heard great things about Shimonoseki though, it has a big bridge and it's by the coast. I might have to find someone else, we'll see what happens. Breakfast was great though, miso soup at 6am?! Cereal and jam roll for me.
 
Our morning meeting was fun, the Canadians sang Ging Gang Gooly with us and we had our usual to yoga session to stretch out. We were also told that we could shop before we opened.. I bought a few more badges and a wall hanging.
 
I took it upon myself to sort the shopfloor out today. I spent a good hour or two reorganising and restocking the Hello Kitty display. I'm not sure what's been going on in there but I found loads of "out of stock" gear in boxes below. The whole first room looked much better once I'd finished, and the morning went real quick!
 
During our break, me and Eve went to the dome to eat lunch and relax. I had a tuna pitta, I found an easier way to open the pouch but still ended up with brine all over my legs! We found a nice spot where Eve could lie in the shade and I could lie in the sun.
 
I got restless after a while so I decided to move. I got told off for sunbathing so I went for a wander. It was Culture Day today so a lot of countries were out in traditional dress. I walked through the subcamps and loved seeing the participants interacting with each other and being genuinely interested in different cultures.
 
I ran into Gemma and Emily and the gang on my way to dinner. They'd been round and got loads of free food from the subcamps so weren't too hungry. The queue for dinner was nonexistent and I walked straight in to have some form of curry and rice. I sat with some CMT and got some gossip!
I was early for work as didn't fancy waiting in the heat. I went straight back to pricing items and restocking.. not sure what they'd been doing for their 5hrs. Had to jump on a till at the end of the shift as someone let a bunch of people in at 8.50 (we close at 9pm?)
 
From there I dumped my stuff in the tent and went to find the others. There had been talk of sleeping out under the dome to see the sunrise. I had an ice cream with the gang and then me and Gemma went to get our sleeping bits and find Darren.
 
Just before midnight we'd found a nice spot just opposite where we believed the sun would appear. It's actually quite comfortable and a lot cooler than in the tent. Set the alarm for 4.30, I just hope I don't sleep through it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop 1: Bangkok

Loka: Stop 7: Magnetic Island

GKR World Cup 8

A Week in Exmouth