Day 14

Woke up in plenty of time this morning, had a nice lazy breakfast (jam roll and cereal again) and was early for the morning briefing.
 
We had a real treat this morning.. we were taught the traditional dance of the area. Almost everyone in elementary school here knows it, and now we do too. It was hilarious, lots of giggling and shouting and pulling on imaginary ropes. We all loved it!!
 
When I got into the shop I couldn't believe how much stuff had sold. In "my room" there was hardly anything left! I put out a few things and made some catchy posters. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was to charge my phone - I know I'm a bad person.
 
I hung up my apron and was over at the dome with Eve by 10. I wasn't meeting Emily until 1ish so I walked to the sea. The tide was high and the sky was clear so it all looked very beautiful. I was so tempted to jump in!
 
I then popped to the supermarket as I fancied a treat. I bought something that looked like rocky road and an ice cream chocolate sandwich. Gemma, Ben, Nathan and Tebbs were going to Yamaguchi so I went to entertain them in the bus queue. I was teaching them the new dance when a media guy comes and starts taking pictures! Famous.
 
Once they'd left I went to watch the performances in the dome. Typically, I'd only been there ten minutes and they decided to have a break. I used the time to have another nap and buy some shaved ice. I'm seriously considering buying a gadget when I get back to do it myself!
 
About 12.30 I went to pick Emily up from work. I was early so sat in the shade and watched the different activities. I wish I'd participated in a Jamboree before, it looks ridiculous fun! She got off just on time and we went to HR to find out how to walk to the town. On the way out we popped over to Faith and Beliefs for a henna tattoo and a stamp. Unfortunately, most of the tents were closed for lunch. Maybe another day.. we wandered around a bit and left.
 
We had worked out that all we had to do to get to town was walk in a straight line. Seemed pretty easy. It was so hot but it was great to be off site. Halfway there we met a Swiss and double-checked we were on the right track. He gave us some simple directions of how to get to the shopping centre 'SunPark'. Problem was, by the time we started walking, we'd already forgotten what he'd said!
 
To cut a long story short, we walked a good few miles extra than we needed to. But, the main thing is we got there in the end! It was like a massive department store, first things first we had to find drinks. Emily bought a massive bottle of water and I got a frozen sports drink. Both were ridiculously cheap. We found a bench and sat to eat our lunch. 
 
We then had a nice walk around the different areas, there some adorable gifts and nicnacs everywhere but we were very good. I couldn't help myself though and did buy some checked shorts. They were in the sale and Emily said they were very me.. it'd have been rude not to buy them!
 
Just gone 4pm we took our leave. We weren't 100% sure how long it would take to get back and I had work at 6pm. On the way out we spotted a bunch of scouts so followed them. Turns out there was a much shorter route that only took 10mins. Who knows where we went earlier!!
 
It was dinner time as we got back, rice and stew. I asked for double helpings, it's the only dish we have with vegetables so I thought I'd best make the most of it! The meat was questionable but I finished it all regardless. Time for work.
 
I can honestly say that tonight was the best shift at "work" ever. We weren't all that busy, I packed for Rebecca and we were right in front of the aircon. It was bliss. I was in a bit of a hyper mood so I was singing and dancing to everyone. At one point, we were all singing Beyoncé, with the moves too!! We then had the brilliant idea of a staff party. We put posters up everywhere and everyone was really excited. I can't wait! 
 
Emily was waiting for me outside the canteen and I showed off my purchases to Dylan and Alex. We went to the food houses but nothing much was going on so about 10ish we started heading back to the desert. I bumped into Daryl on the way back so we went for a walk.
 
We sat by the kerbside and talked about all sorts. The sky was really clear and perfect for a spot of star gazing. We were soon joined by two other lads, Innis and Richard. Naturally, we tried to take a few selfies, but kept blinding ourselves under the flash! The guys left us after we'd seen two shooting stars (!!!)
 
It wasn't until I started yawning that we looked at the time - 1.50am!! Off to bed it is, at least it's a day off tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop 1: Bangkok

Loka: Stop 7: Magnetic Island

GKR World Cup 8

A Week in Exmouth