Day 13

I kept thinking I could hear my alarm going off this morning but every time I went to turn it off.. it wasn't mine. Safe to say I had a rough start to my morning, though did manage to stay in my pod until just before 6am. Leaving it any later, I'd have risked a breakfast queue.
 
Breakfast was lumpy sloppy scrambled egg, I opted for cereal and a jam roll. Bit of a pattern forming here! Picked up my lunch, two cheese rolls, some crisps and a banana - so healthy.
 
The morning meeting was fun today, our Indian friend did an action song as well as our usual yoga session. This morning we did the warrior pose - I was obviously an expert! They also told us the sales so far, they sound very impressive.. but that might because they're in yen.
 
Like the idiot that I am, I then went into the shop, put my apron on and chose a locker. I didn't recognise anyone else. Where were all our normal shift people? I'd just seen them all in the meeting! Checked the schedule and realised I had the wrong time - we were working 12.30-6. D'oh.
 
So now I had another morning to fill! I went back to the tent and fixed up a washing line - maybe today would be the day I finally did that washing! Took my bits over to the sinks, but there was quite a long queue. Sod that. I went for a walk around the dome and sat down for a minute. Naturally I fell asleep, sitting on the chair, doing my best impression of a nodding dog. I did have time to start a friendship bracelet though too.
 
Before work I went to get some shaved ice and then met the other Shop Girls at the Hydration Station. They were all really jealous of my ice, I think I'm slightly addicted. No news there.
 
Work was shockingly boring. We were so low on stock and I got fed up putting the same thing out over and over again. I decided to help out on the tills for the last few hours with Katie. We had a great laugh and the time went a bit quicker too.
 
From work about six of us all went for dinner. It was rice and some odd pork ball things. I ate the pork out of the middle but left all the weird batter. It would have been nice with some sauce. I'd heard about a volleyball tournament so I tried to convince the girls to come with me. 
 
Ten minutes later, I headed to the beach alone to find Emily, Dom and Hannah. The volleyball was nearly finished and the light was dimming, I suggested climbing up the hill to watch the sun set. Hannah and Emily weren't up for it, so me and Dom left them with the bags!
 
It was the busiest I'd ever seen it up there, with participants and IST. I got some great pictures overlooking the camp. We then made the executive decision to ignore the "No Access" sign and stand on the viewing platform. Obviously, this was only for IST, it wasn't safe for participants. Everyone joined in on the countdown to dusk though which was nice! 
 
We ran back down the hill to get the others, but not before Dom had gone down the slide. I'd heard horror stories of ladies getting stuck so thought I wouldn't risk the embarrassment. I whooped and cheered along with everyone else though as I waited.
 
We got the others and I bought some more shaved ice and joined them while they ate their dinner. There was another party tonight apparently so we headed to the food houses. It was much better than the night before, think it was the Italians this time. We didn't stay long though.
 
Me, Izzie and Hannah went back into the canteen and ate some chocolate and chatted. We stayed until they turned the lights off tonight. Felt like we were being chucked out!
Decided to have a relatively early night for once. Looking forward to tomorrow, and starting work at the right time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop 1: Bangkok

Loka: Stop 7: Magnetic Island

GKR World Cup 8

A Week in Exmouth